VHDC – in affiliation with Nation’s Finest – is committed to being the leading advocate for all veterans. Our history tells the story of our commitment to shaping public policy to benefit the veterans community.
- 2018 – Helped lead legislative and electoral campaigns for California Propositions 1 & 2 for $6 billion for affordable housing and home ownership for low-income individuals including veterans.
- 2014 – Led the efforts for California Proposition 41, which established a $600 million fund for affordable housing for low income, disabled and homeless veterans and their families.
- 2014 – Veterans Housing Development Corporation formally created by the Board of Directors of Veterans Resource Centers of America.
- 1998 – (VRC) Founding member of the California Association of Veteran Service Agencies to advocate for California veterans in need.
- 1990 – (VRC) Founding member of the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans to advocate on a federal level for Homeless Veterans and their families.
- 1989/95 – (VRC) Helped lead efforts to have US Departments of Defense and VA acknowledge the health impacts of Agent Orange exposure on veterans and their families. Ran Agent Orange Assistance Program in California.
- 1979 – (VRC) Organized the first National Symposium on the Issues of Vietnam Veterans addressing the impact of war on veterans and their families.